Building Real Estate Success for over 30 Years
Commercial Industrial Site Locators, Inc. (CISL) is a full-service brokerage company covering all Property Types and serving every type of client to successfully complete any type of transaction.
Building real estate success and creating value for 30 years; our real estate expertise and in-depth knowledge of our markets, complemented by our zoning and land use expertise, along with our relationships, provide buyers, sellers, and investors insight to access and participate in investments in a variety of ways. Whether buying or selling properties our goal is to ensure the seller receives the highest value for their property and the buyer achieves their strategic acquisition goals. CISL can help investors maximize their goals through our services. An example of some of our services that we offer are as follows:
- Locate land, buildings, or investments
- Land-use and zoning expertise to locate correctly zoned land or buildings to allow client’s intended use
- Provide site location, acquisition, conversion, development, and redevelopment services
- Evaluate the development potential of underutilized buildings and land; dispose of surplus property
- Valuation and Appraisal Services
- Identify and analyze the balance sheet of income producing property for investment or sale
- Create limited partnerships, joint ventures, and syndications for qualified investors
- Pro forma yield analysis for existing and redevelopment properties, and land development
- We specialize in Self-Storage Site Location Acquisition and Development with 40+ closed transactions
Because we are located in the heart of the nation’s most dynamic region, we know the property owners, the communities, the market conditions, the land-use regulations, and the players in the industry better than anyone else. Our understanding of real estate properties extends well beyond the physical asset; it is our expertise in understanding the process.
Realizing growth, reflecting solid performance, building our capabilities and our relationships, and living locally, in combination with our research and analytics, form a competitive advantage, and enables CISL to gain first-hand access in identifying unique local markets opportunities not available to others, off-market opportunities, as well as having opportunities brought to us.
Our success as a company depends on providing result driven real estate services to create value for our clients. Our company understands that the only way to ensure our continued success as a company is through the continued success of our clients. Understanding your unique requirements and parameters, we stand ready to provide our services. Our continued success and long-term resiliency is attributable to our expertise, dedication, special care and attention to detail, and the passion we have for our work.
Real Estate Markets
Be Where Your Customers Are!
Headquartered in Maryland, CISL focuses on real estate property for strategic investment and sale in high barrier to entry and high growth gateway markets primarily within the Mid-Atlantic. Our primary focus is in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC. Through our numerous strong relationships with third-party entities, and regional and national brokers we are also enabled and positioned to locate commercial industrial, residential, self-storage, and other real estate property types in specific markets throughout the United States.
Philosophy and Values
Trust and Integrity: We discuss the issues and the opportunities. We provide the positives as well as the negatives. Putting our clients first is a core value of our business in developing relationships. Our goal is to have the highest ethical standards and the best reputation in the industry. Our word is our bond.
Michael Bender, founder, principal, president and CEO, incorporated, Commercial Industrial Site Locators, Inc. (CISL), and registered the CISL trade name in February 1996. Prior to the incorporation, he was locating large tracks of land for residential builders and involved in real estate brokerage, business brokerage, and appraising. Resulting from his employment with Public Storage, a Fortune 500 company, as the Senior Site Acquisition and Development Analyst for Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC, he developed a division specializing in self-storage. His business plan focuses on covering all real estate assets and sectors with a primary focus on self-storage, and providing services for real estate site location, strategic investment, acquisition, conversion, and development. Headquartered in Maryland, he is a license real estate broker in Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. He provides regional and national brokerage and services primarily in the Mid-Atlantic Region. In addition to his 30 year tenure in the real estate industry, his diverse education, background, interest, and entrepreneurial spirit has led to a multidimensional career employment path that also includes banking, chemistry, and medicine, and private entrepreneurship to include an international import-export business, and an aquaculture business. Over the years he has served as an expert witness, consultant, an advisor for real estate and self-storage.
PRIOR EMPLOYMENT to include:
- Public Storage, Fortune 500 Company, Senior Acquisition & Development Analyst for Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC;
- Federal Reserve Bank of Baltimore, Time Analyst for Financial Instruments;
- Federal Reserve Bank of Baltimore, Regional Clearinghouse Representative for all regional banks;
- Mergers Acquisitions and Divestiture, Inc. (MAD), Commercial Broker of Record;
- Estate & Irrevocable Trust Property Management;
- TSP Corporation/Fletcher Bright, develops and builds, owns and manages Shopping Centers;
- VR Business Brokerage, Commercial Broker of Record;
- American Appraisal Service, Appraiser;
- Erickson Property /Charlestown Retirement Center;
- Consultant for the State of Maryland
- Johns Hopkins Health Systems
- Alcolac Chemical Company as a Chemical Analyst;
University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
Towson State University (TSU)
Johns Hopkins University, Carey Business School, Masters of Science Real Estate Program, Graduate Division, Business and Management
Recognition and Awards
Nominated as Candidate for Presidential Carnegie Medal of Honor
Recipient of State of Maryland “Governor’s Quality Citation”